Pages

Follow Buttons

Follow Me

Friday, 7 September 2012

Soya Granules Stir Fry - Step by Step Recipe




Until a few years ago I never liked soya chunks or granules; I used to find the strong smell of soya quite repulsive, till I tried out the cutlets. Deep frying eliminated the soya smell and those cutlets were delicious.

Today I wanted to give all that frying a miss and try something simple, but was not sure if I could make it taste good. Hubby too in not very fond of these granules; I knew I had a big challenge with soya; I had to make a tasty and non-soya smell dish.

A quick look into the fridge, the fresh veggies caught my attention I had also picked up some sauces for my indo-chinese dishes at home, I instantly knew then what I was going to make!!

Ingredients
Quantity
Soya granules
1 cup (cup holds 200ml)Method:
Warm water
3 cups
Ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp
Broccoli finely chopped
7-8 florets
Carrots julienned
2 small
Chopped capsicum
1 small or half large capsicum
Sliced onions
1 medium
Soya sauce
1 ½ tsp
Chili sauce
1 tsp
Hot n Sweet sauce
1 ½ tsp
Salt
As per taste
Shredded Cabbage
A handful for garnishing 

Serves – 2-3 persons
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes

Method:
  • Chop all the vegetables, make the ginger garlic paste keep aside.


  • Take one cup soya granules add 3 cups warm water, keep it for 10-12 minutes soya granules will soak up most of the water.
  • Squeeze out the excess water.
  • Now comes out m iron wok / kadhai, you can even use a heavy bottom pan. Add ginger-garlic paste , saute for 1 minute then add the sliced onion and saute for 1 minute.

  • Add all the chopped vegetable and saute 3-4 minutes, till the veggies start to cook.
  • Then add the soya granules and saute vegetable and soya for a minute
  • Add the soya sauce, chili sauce and sweet n sour sauce and mix everything together.

  • Add salt as per taste, I avoided ajinomoto but you can add if you wish.
  • Garnish with shredded cabbage and serve hot
  • I had this whole wheat toast, tastes good with roti's too!
  • And yes better half gave me a thumbs up!




35 comments:

  1. Sounds healthy and mouthwatering..

    ReplyDelete
  2. M Hubby loves this to the core..Would love to have these with chapatis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... soya granules, our favourite. Will certainly try this recipe. I usually add it to my pulao alongwith other veggies. To appease my chicken loving son ;)
    Thanks for visiting me and your lovely comments.
    Love
    PS: Do visit my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soya is so healthy for you, I need to make more of it too and innovative like u

    ReplyDelete
  5. healthy and yummy preparation..

    ReplyDelete
  6. healthy and delicious looking fry. glad to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. First time to your blog. will be regular now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely blog! :) Just chanced upon it!....will surely try some stuff out :)

    If you find the time do visit my blog :)

    http://sushiandcuttingchai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So the dish is finally revealed! Like your idea for tackling the notorious soya smell. Good looking stir-fry, I can eat a bowl of that anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cooking with soya. It's such a crowd pleaser and my vegetarian friend sare always happy. This dish looks simple, easy and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. healthy recipe..very nice dish

    Great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nutritious and colourful veg fry. Love this addition of soya with broccolli.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankew for stopping by at my blog :) and leaving your lovely comment :)) Have a wonderful weekend! So happy to know you are a pakka Pune girl! Cant wait to trade best places to eat at....Ive lived here 20 years now out of my 26 ! So thats a long long time! I do come to Bangalore often have family there :)

    Keep up the great work ! And I hope we get to know each other better!
    Lots of love and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey runner girl .... thanks a lot for the comment.... you too have a lovely space. I'm following u.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gauri awesome preparation,, I actually don't cook soya due to its bland taste but my hubby loves it even if its raw :/ This looks like a perfect one for him..is it flavorful Gauri??

    Today's Recipe ~ Mutton Kothukari Masala / Mutton Kheema Masala
    You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Divya, It is had a great flavour, firstly due to the ginger-garlic paste and then the sauce. Its almost like a Chinese stir fry but with the addition of ajinomoto!
      Hope you try is and is loved by your hubby :))
      Cheers!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks dear..Oh then must try..will def try and report back to you Gauri :)

      Delete
  16. A very colourful, healthy and a tasty dish. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helthy and yummyyyy!!!

    http://vegetarianmedley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great recipe Gauri, delicious, nutritious & healthy. Absolutely love it

    http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice recipe there...i have tried the soya mince in a totally different format..this is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. totally Awesome recipe.... Thanks for the link this recipe with my ongoing event
    Visit @ My Blogs
    Preeti's Kitchen Life
    Preeti's Kitchen Menu

    ReplyDelete
  21. very healthy recipe with colour pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  22. very yummy and healthy stir fry
    http://www.indiantastyfoodrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nutritious and fantastic protein packed stir fry.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's an extremely yum recipe....never tried soya this way...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Never tried or heard abt this. looks super yummy . will try ..

    ReplyDelete